Bridgeport for Free Update

As the day winds down to a close, I offer this update.  At 5:30 p.m., 1,829 people have downloaded a free copy of One Night in Bridgeport for their Kindle.  That leaves me at #159 on the Kindle Free list and #2 on the Free Legal Thriller list.  Question is … what will offering this for free to so many readers do for me.

Well, in the last week, since my Goodreads giveaway and now this, I’ve managed to sell a hard copy of Bridgeport, three Shady Acres downloads, and three Bridgeport downloads.  So, for offering free stuff, I’ve made a few dollars.  Hopefully, the free downloaders will post reviews, recommend it to friends, do the things it takes to grow sales.

If you’re one of the free readers, thank you for your interest.  Spread the word.

Advertisements

About kingmidget

About the name. I was the youngest of four. Until I got to kindergarten, I didn't have much to say. All I had to do to get what I wanted was to point, and a sibling, or loving parent, would fulfill my request. As a result, my father coined the nickname -- King Midget. At least that's the way the story goes. I am a father, husband, friend, and lover, writer, runner, pizza maker, baker, and many other things. What I am not is my occupation. It is my job that pays the bills and provides for my family. But, it does not define me.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Bridgeport for Free Update

1. Pingback: Bridgeport for Free Update « KingMidget's Ramblings

2. Trent Lewin says:

Midget, I would love to purchase and read, but please inform my addled mind: if I have no Kindle, is there a way to get and read this book or am I out of luck?

• kingmidget says:

It’s available in paperback if you go to Amazon.com … just search for Mark Paxson. And, if you purchase a copy, I’ll be forever in your debt. I might actually follow through on my promised Hobbits dominate response.

• Trent Lewin says:

No reciprocity required. I will have a crack at the paperback then, more my style except for my iPad.

I am horribly harsh critique of writing, but I will give you my take when finished, and perhaps pass on comments from my wife too.

• kingmidget says:

I believe there is a Kindle App for the IPad. If you have that, you should be able to access the free download. As for my writing … Bridgeport was the first piece of significant fiction I ever wrote. Be kind. I view it as a “read on the beach” kind of story. I believe what I am doing now is light years beyond what I did with Bridgeport.

• Trent Lewin says:

No man, I’ll go for the paperback, I spend waaaay too much time staring at screens these days. It’s starting to bother me. I miss me my books. I actually have a pretty big library, but it’s been a long while since I actually pulled anything out of it. That’s sad.

• kingmidget says:

I feel your pain. Wishing I could cut the techno-umbilical cord.